This Page

has been moved to new address

Top 4 computer things a blogger does every morning

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Home is where you start from
Monday, May 17, 2010
Top 4 computer things a blogger does every morning
My morning computer ritual-
Top 4 things to do every morning

Well first, before I start the techno-list with cool numbered bullet points, I have to ruin it and ramble on with my pre-list, list.

First, I make myself some oatmeal with fresh fruit, brown sugar and rice milk. It has to be the old-fashioned kind, because it's better some-how... oh, and a diet coke, of course.

Breakfast of Champions!

After this is accomplished, and my kids are either fed their breakfast (the littles) or I've checked that the olders are not going to have chips and cheese or cookies for breakfast (yes, really- I do have to step in and stop that sort of thing) then I begin my computer routine. Ideally, this is after I've had my morning walk and read my devotional..eh, ideally...

  1. check email. my email currently has 167 items in it. This causes Sky's face to twitch everytime he sees it. It is pathetic, that is why I got a brand new email account and I am starting over. Seems like a good plan. maybe. Note: checking it doesn't usually mean I actually answer it-
  2. check my sitemeter to see what is going on with the blawg. It's pathetic, but makes me happy.
  3. check the blog. Then visit back all the faces I see on my blogfrog widget, and answer comments/visit back. or make a note to answer comments...soon.
  4. check twitter. This is a new habit for me, it has replaced check facebook. Facebook, you have been demoted to a more passive role in my life. Right now, I heart twitter! I see what the tweeps are up too, reply to some, check out any interesting links or contests, do a few re-tweets.

And that folks, is all I have time for...then I have to get moving so I can go educate the kids.

oh, yes, That.

and then at our mid-morning break, I check twitter again. It's addicting.
twit, uh tweet!

How about you, bloggy friends? What are your must-do's when you turn on the computer?

posted at 6:00 AM
11 comments


11 Comments:
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Natalie said...

So true! Except I usually do all of that before breakfast, during breakfast, and after breakfast! It's an addiction...

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger LJS said...

My day starts at least a half hour before my children get up so that I can check email, confirm playdates, and read my favorite blogger's updates. I think as homeschoolers, the sites are how we stay connected to other families in our area, find out about new classes, get invited to impromptu park gatherings, etc. I almost feel lost if I can't start my day this way!

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger K E Fleck said...

hmmm, my four is pretty similar: google reader, email, twitter, facebook (though facebook is usually only a few times a week ... I agree, twitter is better. I like the 140 characters and no farmville LOL)

Have a great week!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Hen Jen said...

Natalie,

yes, I'm actually doing all my checking while I'm eating my breakfast; multi-tasking, I guess!

Jessica, yes I feel sort of lost if I don't start my day this way, it's a habit now.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Hen Jen said...

Kara,

agreed! Funny, I used to enjoy FB, but I guess I've outgrown it.

I tend to do my feed readers later, after I've gotten my work for the day done...I tend to get lost reading blogs, so I can't dive into it in the morning.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I try to get up before the kids each morning. I spend time reading God's Word and praying. Then onto the computer to check my emails. I reply if needed and then check my blog and visit some others if I have time. Then it is time to unload the dishwasher and get breakfast ready. I don't Twitter or FB but check my emails during any breaks during the day.

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

So true! I have also grown tired of Facebook, I just don't like the new layout.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

This is soo true = )!! I am lol!!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Allison said...

Thanks for visiting me. Your morning sounds like mine sans the Diet Coke. The doc put the curb on that one. Wallpaper is the pits, but I wasn't kidding about the help. Everyone that walks in wants to peel some. :-)

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog!

I love your header photo, it's beautiful! :)

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Claudia said...

Hi-hi - sound VERY familiar :=)
Except the Twitter thing. I have an account to follow some companies and people but did not write one single tweet so far...
I'm a blog and facebook newcomer and I decided to take small steps...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



At Home
Who we are: Jenny & Sky, Meg 14, Josie 12, Demi-Sky 9, Amie 7,Bonus Student Teddy 9. Who is with us; 4 hens, a cat named Oliver and Emma the Labradoodle. Why "home is where you start from"? -because as a homeschool family our adventures and dreams all begin and end at home. This year we are schooling 2nd grade, 4th grade, 7th grade and 9th grade. Who we will become: changed from something normal into something beautiful.

My complete profile Family pic-smiling by Christy

child's play

Quotable Home
"It's never too late
to be what you
might have been."
-George Eliot


Best of Home
Blog party'08 intro-about us
Homeschooling in California
Grammar is good, more would be gooder
1st week with Sonlight LA2
The social part of why we homeschool
first-day Homeschool 2008
Homeschool wk. report
Homeschool History
TOG homeschool open house
first day homeschool 2007
kids sleeping-loft project
Zen Jen
Blessings-family photo
CM-Lifestyle of learning
homeschool-Short lessons
Mercy-devotional
Paul,a prisoner of Christ
Chocolate & yoga gift idea
Hymn,our home on Sundays
Guest Hen, Thursday 13
I blog, therefore I am
Book of Kells, darkness into light

Links
homeschool blog award button Facebook page
Homeschooling in Ca
Classical Conversations my view
California homeschool case decision
California Homeschool case links
Homeschool Show and tell
Wondertime Magazine
Tapestry of Grace curr.
Well-trained mind boards
**sonlight homeschool**
Ambleside online
I am Hen Jen at the hive

Blogs I Like
Amy's humble musings
At a hen's Pace
BareFoot Cowboys
BooMama
A Chelsea Morning
Don't try this at home
From California to Singapore
Just Twiddlin'
Koinonia Academy
Living to tell the Story
Mater Magistra
More to this life
One Day More
Rocks in my dryer
Smooth Stones Academy
A spacious place
Urban Mom

Current Reading List
*Jen's
Colossians
The Secret Life of Bees
The Organized Student
The Awe-Manac
*Meg's
Augustus Caesar's World
Story of the World vol.1
The Ides of April
The Eagle of the Ninth
Favorite Poems old and new
*Josie's
Children's Bible Field guide
Story of the World vol.1
Usborne Encyclopedia of world history
Mystery of the Roman Ransom
The Trojan War
Favorite poems old and new
*Aloud to Demi,Amie& Teddy
The Awesome book of Bible facts
Usborne book of World History
Window on the World
Aesop for children
A child's garden of verses
*Demi-Sky's
Beginner's Bible
Keep the Lights burning Abbie
*Amie
Beginner's Bible
Long way to a new land

Photos
waves

got flamingos?

Recent Posts
Links for SUN-day!
7 Quick Takes Friday, May 14
TMI
Wordless Wednesday, Organized
Welcome home you! What does your tail-tell?
Links for a Sunday Nite
Two Princesses of Bamarre-great YA literature
Princess Party Pak WINNER!
Daybook, Monday May 4
the curious case of the missing cupcake

Archives
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011

Home Curricula Picks
Sonlight Lang. Arts
1st week with Sonlight LA
Child's bk of Character
Math-U-See
TOG Odyssey approach
Duma,inspired movie
CM reading comprehension
Short Lessons
Dry-erase-board of ultimate pwr


Miscellaneous

Image hosting by TinyPic


Click here to join

SAHM/WAHM Blogs


The Well-Trained Mind Forums

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: