This Page

has been moved to new address

Homeschool moms always... A list

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Home is where you start from
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Homeschool moms always... A list
31 Days to Build a Better Blog Day 2-

Day 2 Challenge: Write a list post.

I felt a little under pressure for time, so I went with a funny list. I did this type of list once before, early on in my blog career. You simply come up with a fun starting sentence, google it, and write down all the answers that make sense or are printable. My very first list was a "Jennifer should..." list, and it was fun to write.



Homeschool Moms always... (a google list)

1. Homeschool moms always have a special camaraderie.
Except when discussing charter schools, Harry Potter, Halloween, t.v. or unschooling-then it's take no prisoners time...

2. Homeschool moms always will continue to help.

3. Homeschool moms always will be notified when I post new things.
Subscribe to my blog! look on the sidebar!!

4. Homeschool moms always are a highlight of each week. To the librarian.

5. Homeschool moms always realize the great privilege of teaching their children. Except when we want to run far, far away. But then we come back/are talked down or have some chocolate and we are good to go...Or when the Dentist asks them which month they were born and they reply that we didn't learn that...!

6. Homeschool moms were not always as political as today. Bless our hearts.

7. Homeschool mom always need a good source for free printables and worksheets.
And a hiding place.

8. Homeschool moms always try to schedule a little something.
To take to our hiding place...

9. Homeschool moms always refer to this hour as their 'lifeline'
This is the time after school-work is done, when we put our feet up, go to our hiding place and have our little something, which might or might not be a Mike's hard lemonade, the official drink of the Well-Trained Mind homeschool boards.
It really is.
I haven't had one though.
Yet.


10. Homeschool moms say there is always tomorrow.
Because there is always one more resource, one more craft, one more field-trip, one more connection and one more memory to make!

Labels:


posted at 10:55 PM
13 comments


13 Comments:
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Selena said...

Hi Jen,

I just learned a new way to make a list reading your blog post. I'll have to try the starting sentence, Google it method some time myself! Thanks!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Love it!! Especially since we are working on note-taking in our Unit Study and I was just talking about "white space" and used your post as an example...white space makes it easier on your eyes than cramming it all in...make lists, etc....ahhh, Homeschool Moms find examples in Many Things!! lol

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Hen Jen said...

so Theresa,

was I a good example of white space in a list, or a bad one?

Now you've got me wondering...

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Cascia Talbert said...

That is a great list! I don't have enough patience to homeschool my kids, but I sure wish I did.

Thanks for stopping by the Healthy Moms!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Great homeschooling list from one homeschooling mom to another!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Mrs.Mayhem said...

Great list. I'm so intrigued by homeschooling. I would love to commit to it, but I find it hard enough to get my kids to do their homework.

I have a million questions. How do you get your kids to listen? Do they really just sit down and complete their work? Any tips for teaching kids to listen?

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Love this list....I think homeschool families are definitely feeling more empowerment and pressure as we move forward with new laws being implemented...LOVE your blog!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Definitely a good example, Jen! You made good use of the space and left enough white space so that it wasn't overwhelming to read!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Tina Kelley said...

It takes a very special person to homeschool.. I am not one of those people but I look up to those that are!

Love your list.. it was a great mix of heart and comedy!

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Amy said...

Great list. My sister in law home schooled her oldest two boys (one is heading to Oxford this year) and she's just pulled her kids out of public school to start homeschooling again. Homeschooling can really be wonderful and I think your list shows a very fun approach to viewing home school. Love number 10 on your list.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger melyssa said...

Stopped by from THL. Love your list! Tried to comment a minute but it didn't go thru (I think. Sorry if you're getting this twice). Loved the Harry Potter (we have certain homeschooling friends we hide our dvds from) and the Mike's (though I prefer red wine. Also occasionally hidden.)

Melyssa from www.thedazeofus.blogspot.com

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Mary Prather said...

Hi! It's me from the little Homeschool Lounge challenge. I love your blog and I'm glad I found it -- my hiding place is Target! ha ha

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Gigi said...

I need to send this to one of my best friends, who homeschools. I hear a lot of her voice in this post!

Thanks for coming by my guest post at ScaryMommy Wednesday. I appreciate the read!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



At Home
Who we are: Jenny & Sky, Meg 14, Josie 12, Demi-Sky 9, Amie 7,Bonus Student Teddy 9. Who is with us; 4 hens, a cat named Oliver and Emma the Labradoodle. Why "home is where you start from"? -because as a homeschool family our adventures and dreams all begin and end at home. This year we are schooling 2nd grade, 4th grade, 7th grade and 9th grade. Who we will become: changed from something normal into something beautiful.

My complete profile Family pic-smiling by Christy

child's play

Quotable Home
"It's never too late
to be what you
might have been."
-George Eliot


Best of Home
Blog party'08 intro-about us
Homeschooling in California
Grammar is good, more would be gooder
1st week with Sonlight LA2
The social part of why we homeschool
first-day Homeschool 2008
Homeschool wk. report
Homeschool History
TOG homeschool open house
first day homeschool 2007
kids sleeping-loft project
Zen Jen
Blessings-family photo
CM-Lifestyle of learning
homeschool-Short lessons
Mercy-devotional
Paul,a prisoner of Christ
Chocolate & yoga gift idea
Hymn,our home on Sundays
Guest Hen, Thursday 13
I blog, therefore I am
Book of Kells, darkness into light

Links
homeschool blog award button Facebook page
Homeschooling in Ca
Classical Conversations my view
California homeschool case decision
California Homeschool case links
Homeschool Show and tell
Wondertime Magazine
Tapestry of Grace curr.
Well-trained mind boards
**sonlight homeschool**
Ambleside online
I am Hen Jen at the hive

Blogs I Like
Amy's humble musings
At a hen's Pace
BareFoot Cowboys
BooMama
A Chelsea Morning
Don't try this at home
From California to Singapore
Just Twiddlin'
Koinonia Academy
Living to tell the Story
Mater Magistra
More to this life
One Day More
Rocks in my dryer
Smooth Stones Academy
A spacious place
Urban Mom

Current Reading List
*Jen's
Colossians
The Secret Life of Bees
The Organized Student
The Awe-Manac
*Meg's
Augustus Caesar's World
Story of the World vol.1
The Ides of April
The Eagle of the Ninth
Favorite Poems old and new
*Josie's
Children's Bible Field guide
Story of the World vol.1
Usborne Encyclopedia of world history
Mystery of the Roman Ransom
The Trojan War
Favorite poems old and new
*Aloud to Demi,Amie& Teddy
The Awesome book of Bible facts
Usborne book of World History
Window on the World
Aesop for children
A child's garden of verses
*Demi-Sky's
Beginner's Bible
Keep the Lights burning Abbie
*Amie
Beginner's Bible
Long way to a new land

Photos
waves

got flamingos?

Recent Posts
L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge-bokeh-WINNERS!!
31 Days to a better blog- Day 1
Mom, getting it done badly
L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge- bokeh
Upcoming L.E.N.S. Challenge-all about bokeh
Wordless Wednesday- sheepdog
L.E.N.S. -WINNERS! -Red, white & blue
My Russian Winter, over at Smartly OC
Sunday night awesome links!
L.E.N.S. Photo Challenge- "red, white & blue"

Archives
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011

Home Curricula Picks
Sonlight Lang. Arts
1st week with Sonlight LA
Child's bk of Character
Math-U-See
TOG Odyssey approach
Duma,inspired movie
CM reading comprehension
Short Lessons
Dry-erase-board of ultimate pwr


Miscellaneous

Image hosting by TinyPic


Click here to join

SAHM/WAHM Blogs


The Well-Trained Mind Forums

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: