This Page

has been moved to new address

Thursday Thirteen -Me in 2006

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Home is where you start from
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Thursday Thirteen -Me in 2006

Thursday Thirteen #14
Me, stages of becoming in 2006

1. The very tail- end of this year began our biggest heartbreak, losing my father-in-law. We don't know how to do this.

2. This was the year that our heart friends suddenly moved away. We knew they were here temporarily-they came so the husband could attend Bible College, but then they stayed longer, and somehow we tricked ourselves into thinking they would always be with us. Our two families were such a perfect fit, they were truly kindred spirits and we miss them so much.

3. This was the year I began blogging. I had forgotten how much I love to write, and the blogging friends I have made have enriched my life. This busy homeschool mom of 4 needed a creative outlet, and I think I have found it.

4. I finally lost that baby weight- that I had lost after having my baby, and then gained back. I feel so much better!

5. I traveled to Ireland!! This was our first visit to anywhere in Europe. It was a wonderful experience, and we really want to go back.

6. We finally purchased a digital camera...scrapbooker that I am, you would think we would have gotten one years ago. Welcome to the 21st century!

7. We began hosting the full-time training brothers (bible college students) over for dinner on Sunday nights, what a blessing for us, and maybe something God is calling us to do.

8. Another year homeschooling. Yeah, I'm still here!!

9. I took guitar lessons for a few weeks over the summer, something I want to continue.

10. Severe exposure of my soul-ish-ness. (over and over again like a broken record) Realizing how much of me needs to die to self, so I can live Christ.

11. Some very sweet times spiritually, growing into God's fullness. More peace with where God wants me, what God wants of me, and where He has placed me. This did not come easily, and took most of the year..

12. Survived two big home-improvement projects completed by darling husband. A major block and wood sculptured fence and a new front porch.

13. Stopped suffering so I could finally write that opera... (Singing in the rain quote)

Thursday Thirteen is a weekly meme, go here to the TT hub to see a huge list of participants.
(graphic courtesy of Cindi @ whispering in the wings)


posted at 7:43 PM
13 comments


13 Comments:
At 1:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great list for this time of year! It seems we have shared some things in common this year, but not everything. I would have liked to have gone to Ireland, for one. And my "baby" is eleven, this extra weight can't be blamed on her anymore. This has been a year with a great sense of loss to it, for me, though. I understand what you mean when you say "We don't know how to do this.". I was very close to my father-in-law when he passed two and a half years ago. Now I am having to watch my mother go and, perhaps, even my father. Nobody knows how to do this. If you know Jesus, though, he will hold you up.

Thanks for visiting my TT. As far as that effect with the photos, most photo editing programs have some sort of option for doing this. They are considered frames in most programs. If you let me know what kind of photo editing programs you have, I can probably help you. Usually, some photo editing program will come with the software for digital cameras. Since you got a new one this year, you probably have something downloaded or you have the CD around somewhere and can download the program. Let me know. God bless you and yours!

 
At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like 2006 was a learning year for you. may you be blessed in 2007. Thanks for posting

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about #3 and #4 I still haven't lost mine, but I feel good too!
Congrats on #6! I love digital scrapbooking, the supplies are cheaper, and I don't have to worry about the 'lil ones getting into them.
Sounds like you had some wonderful experiences in 2006. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your FIL. I agree with FireFly if you know Jesus, he will hold you up!
God Bless, and Wishing you the Best in 2007!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger tiggerprr said...

Sounds like you've had a very full year! I'm sorry to hear of your FIL, and hope that you find strength to handle it. I know you will. :)

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure had a lot going on last year! Yaaa for losing that weight you wanted to lose!

We're praying for and your family during this hard time, Jenny!

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, this is a beautiful list. i'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, and the suffering you and your family must be enduring. i will send you lots and lots of prayers. many of your items here are very inspiring to me, and i'm so glad you came by my site so that i could come find you. i hope you find time to visit again sometime!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can tell you experienced every range of emotions in 2006. Your year was so full! God is so, so good, and I'm praying you'll sense an extra measure of His peace during this time of loss.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Hen Jen said...

Lara,

I am so glad you stopped by! I love your name, that was what we were going to name my oldest daughter. We went with Larissa-so she would have a choice between that and Lara for short, but I truly love just the Lara. You have a song called "Lara's theme" did you know?
-thank you for your prayers, I really do appreciate them.
Blessings,
Jenny

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Hen Jen said...

Everyone, thanks for visiting and the nice comments. And thank you for the prayers! 2006 was really a nice year for our family, it is just overshadowed right now by what we are going thru right now.

I so appreciate your comments!
blessings, and happy 2007!
Jenny

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Raggedy said...

I am sorry for your your loss. I have a memory posted because I just lost someone on Dec 20th. It is hard.
I would love to go to Ireland!
Great list!
Thank you for sharing.

My TT is posted
Have a wonderful day!

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list, seems like you had a really busy year!!

Thanks for stopping by my list, am only just getting chance to visit everyone!!

Happy (late) TT!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry to hear about your loss..my condolence..

Rachelle
http://zyphe.blogspot.com

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Joy Renee said...

what an eventful year! and lived with such grace and joy overall. (i've peeked at previous posts to get that sense) I hope that habitual response to life's events will carry you thru your recent losses. i started from a deficit of such helpful attitudes when i lost my father 15 months ago and i still 'don't know how to do it' as you say. 'one day at a time' sounds cliche but it seems the only way. gradually, gratitude for all he was and gave began to dilute the grief.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



At Home
Who we are: Jenny & Sky, Meg 14, Josie 12, Demi-Sky 9, Amie 7,Bonus Student Teddy 9. Who is with us; 4 hens, a cat named Oliver and Emma the Labradoodle. Why "home is where you start from"? -because as a homeschool family our adventures and dreams all begin and end at home. This year we are schooling 2nd grade, 4th grade, 7th grade and 9th grade. Who we will become: changed from something normal into something beautiful.

My complete profile Family pic-smiling by Christy

child's play

Quotable Home
"It's never too late
to be what you
might have been."
-George Eliot


Best of Home
Blog party'08 intro-about us
Homeschooling in California
Grammar is good, more would be gooder
1st week with Sonlight LA2
The social part of why we homeschool
first-day Homeschool 2008
Homeschool wk. report
Homeschool History
TOG homeschool open house
first day homeschool 2007
kids sleeping-loft project
Zen Jen
Blessings-family photo
CM-Lifestyle of learning
homeschool-Short lessons
Mercy-devotional
Paul,a prisoner of Christ
Chocolate & yoga gift idea
Hymn,our home on Sundays
Guest Hen, Thursday 13
I blog, therefore I am
Book of Kells, darkness into light

Links
homeschool blog award button Facebook page
Homeschooling in Ca
Classical Conversations my view
California homeschool case decision
California Homeschool case links
Homeschool Show and tell
Wondertime Magazine
Tapestry of Grace curr.
Well-trained mind boards
**sonlight homeschool**
Ambleside online
I am Hen Jen at the hive

Blogs I Like
Amy's humble musings
At a hen's Pace
BareFoot Cowboys
BooMama
A Chelsea Morning
Don't try this at home
From California to Singapore
Just Twiddlin'
Koinonia Academy
Living to tell the Story
Mater Magistra
More to this life
One Day More
Rocks in my dryer
Smooth Stones Academy
A spacious place
Urban Mom

Current Reading List
*Jen's
Colossians
The Secret Life of Bees
The Organized Student
The Awe-Manac
*Meg's
Augustus Caesar's World
Story of the World vol.1
The Ides of April
The Eagle of the Ninth
Favorite Poems old and new
*Josie's
Children's Bible Field guide
Story of the World vol.1
Usborne Encyclopedia of world history
Mystery of the Roman Ransom
The Trojan War
Favorite poems old and new
*Aloud to Demi,Amie& Teddy
The Awesome book of Bible facts
Usborne book of World History
Window on the World
Aesop for children
A child's garden of verses
*Demi-Sky's
Beginner's Bible
Keep the Lights burning Abbie
*Amie
Beginner's Bible
Long way to a new land

Photos
waves

got flamingos?

Recent Posts
latte addiction
Wordless Wednesday, Russian Friends
Fall into reading book challenge wrap-up
All things change
Prayer request
Yoga and chocolate...serendipity!
Wordless Wednesday December 20
when you thought I wasn't looking...
The boy reminds me of someone...
The sound of "gone"

Archives
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
July 2010
August 2010
September 2010
October 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
June 2011
July 2011

Home Curricula Picks
Sonlight Lang. Arts
1st week with Sonlight LA
Child's bk of Character
Math-U-See
TOG Odyssey approach
Duma,inspired movie
CM reading comprehension
Short Lessons
Dry-erase-board of ultimate pwr


Miscellaneous

Image hosting by TinyPic


Click here to join

SAHM/WAHM Blogs


The Well-Trained Mind Forums

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

alt-webring.com


Christian Women Online
Blog Ring

Join | List | Random


Credits
Blog Design by:


Image from:
www.istockphoto.com

Powered by: